JOB TITLE: Part Time Youth Development Worker
Fixed Term Until 30th March 2018
GRADE: £11 per hour
RESPONSIBLE TO: Community Centre Co-ordinator
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Director through the Community Centre Co-ordinator
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Youth Work Provision
DATE: July 2017
Hours of work: Mondays: 3.00 p.m. – 6.00 p.m
Wednesdays: 3.00 p.m. – 8.00 p.m.
Disclosure Scotland: PVG scheme membership required for this post
The purpose of all staff employed by the Cadder Housing Association is to promote and serve the Vision, Values and Aims of the organisation. The Association is the main service provider in Cadder and we require all staff to excel and be highly motivated to meet the requirements of their role, departmental and organisational objectives to achieve our objective and goals as outlined in our Internal Management Plan. The post holder must be dynamic, committed and flexible in their work, as well as being able to communicate and liaise effectively with all departments and staff members to produce the best possible service to our tenants, other customers and key stakeholders.
The specific purpose of the post of Youth Development Worker is primarily to assist the Community Centre Co-ordinator to ensure effective delivery of the Cadder Youth Initiative. To deliver a range of youth work activities and support children, young people and parents in Cadder.
The main tasks of the post are:
- To engage with children and young people to identify needs and build capacity.
- To supervise children and young people at youth clubs and external trips and events
- To deliver a range of group activities for young people, facilitate awareness raising workshops to raise confidence, self esteem and improve social and life skills.
- To work with partner organisations in delivering joint youth work initiatives
- To support parent and toddler group, supporting parents organise activities and assist with delivery of group work sessions
- To promote the views, opinions and needs of young people
- To work as part of a team and participate in meetings and events
- To follow Cadder Community Centres Child Protection Policy
- To be aware of personal responsibility in relation to health and safety policies
- To maintain confidentiality and positively promote Cadder Community Centre and Cadder Housing Association.
- To assist in publicising and promoting the work of Cadder Community Centre.
- To maximise the use of resources which contribute to the Youth Initiatives objectives.
- The post holder will work evenings and split shifts as required.
Application forms can be downloaded Recruitment Package – Youth Development Worker or by contacting the Association’s office
Tel: 0141 945 3282
CV’s can be sent to the above email address also.
Cadder Housing Association is an Equal Opportunities employer and we make appointments on merit. We welcome applications from applicants regardless of their gender, ethnic group, religious or political beliefs, marital status, age and sexual orientation or disability.
Closing date for the applications will be Friday 28th July 2017 at 12 noon.