Before you switch
Before you switch supplier, follow these steps to ensure you choose the right supplier for you:
- work out how much you currently pay for your gas and electricity
- check the terms and conditions with your current supplier to see if there is a penalty for cancelling your current contract – this is likely to be the case if you have a fixed term or fixed price contract
- work out what kind of tariff suits you best
- compare the different tariffs from different suppliers – an Ofgem confidence code accredited price comparison service would ensure you get information about all the tariffs available in one go
- think about other aspects of service such as how the supplier deals with complaints.
How do you switch
Price comparison tools offer an easy way to compare the prices from lots of suppliers at once. When you know how much energy you use, how much you currently pay and what kind of tariff you want, you can compare the prices from different suppliers – suppliers are now obligated to provide all this information on bills and statements.
It’s best to use comparison websites that are accredited by the Ofgem Confidence Code. This confirms the information on the website is independent, accurate and up-to-date.
You can get support from Cadder Housing Association by speaking with John McConnell from G-Heat. John can be contacted at our office on 0141 945 3282.