Am I homeless?
You are homeless if:
- you have no accommodation at all
- you have somewhere to stay, but you cannot gain entry to it (for example, your landlord has changed the locks)
- you have somewhere to stay, but you are being threatened with violence (for example, by neighbours, a former partner or family member)
- you have somewhere to stay, but it is not reasonable to stay there because of overcrowding and this overcrowding is bad for your health
- you have somewhere to stay, but its poor standard means it is not reasonable for you to stay there
- you have somewhere to stay, but you do not have permission to stay there
- you are living in either B&B accommodation, a hotel, hostel or refuge
- you’ve been staying with family or friends, but they have asked you to leave
- you usually live in a mobile home (for example a caravan or boat), but there is nowhere for you to put it
I am Homeless. What next?
Glasgow City Council delivers a homelessness casework service to anyone who is homeless, threatened with homelessness, or is in need of advice about homelessness issues, through its Community Casework Services.
The Community Casework Services operate within 3 social work area boundaries and two specialist casework services in operation city-wide. The address, telephone number, and office-opening hours of each Community Casework services have been listed for information. If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness, you should call in to the office covering the area in which you are living at present. Staff will be pleased to discuss your circumstances with you in a private interview room and advise you on what will be done next to help you.
The Council also provides a homelessness out of hours service at:
The Hamish Allan Centre
180 Centre Street
Glasgow G5 8EE
Freephone: 0800 838 502
This centre is open from 4.00pm to 9.00am Monday to Friday. Open 24 hours on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays. There is a free telephone contact number to assist customers wishing to make enquiries.
Further information can be found in the Homelessness booklet which you can download here.
The Community Casework service which covers the Cadder area is
- North West Community Casework Service
30 Mansion Street
Glasgow G22 5SZ
Phone 0141 276 6169 or 0141 276 3158
Fax 0141 276 6172
North West covers the following areas: Anderston, Anniesland, Blairdardie, Blythswood, Broomhill, Broomielaw, Cadder, Charing Cross, City Centre, Colston, Cowcaddens, Dawsholm, Dowanhill, Drumchapel, Finnieston, Firhill, Garnethill, Garscadden, Gilshochill, Hamiltonhill, Hillhead, Hyndland, Jordanhill, Kelvindale, Kelvingrove, Kelvinside, Keppoch, Maryhill, Maryhill Park, Milton, North Kelvinside, North Knightswood, Parkhouse, Partick, Partickhill, Port Dundas, Possil, Possilpark, Ruchill, Scotstoun, Scotstounhill, St Enoch, Summerston, Temple, Whiteinch, Woodlands, Woodside, Yoker and Yorkhill.
You can contact them on the above number to make an appointment or advice on what you have to do now.