Resize text
Cadder Housing Association

Affordable Warmth Dividend Guidance

What is the Affordable Warmth Dividend?

 The Affordable Warmth Dividend is a £100 payment made by the Council to Glasgow residents who are 80 years of age and older on or before 31 March 2019 to help keep warm during the winter.

Who is eligible for the Affordable Warmth Dividend?

All residents who are 80 years of age or over by 31 March 2019 and living in Glasgow.

Did you receive a payment last year?

 If you received a payment last year then you will automatically receive a payment again this year. You will be sent a letter advising you when your payment will be made.  You do not need to apply.

 How can I make an application?

 You can apply for the Affordable Warmth Dividend in two ways:


To apply online use the following link. (add in link when ready)

Application forms are available from:

If you would like to post in your completed application please return it to:

Glasgow City Council

P.O. Box 36


G1 1JE


How long will the scheme be available?

 Applications will be accepted from 5 November 2018 until 31 March 2019.  We are unable to accept applications received after this date.


How will payments be made?

The preferred method of payment is by BACS directly into your Bank Account, however if you only have a post office account an alternative payment can be arranged.

When will the payment be made?

 The Council will aim to make a payment to you in the month after we receive your application.

What evidence is needed to support your claim?

  • a letter from the Department of Work and Pensions that confirms your address
  • birth certificate
  • passport
  • driving licence
  • utilities bill, bank statement or similar documents confirming residency at a given address
  • pension award letter


If you are unable to provide the above evidence but have other documents that confirm your age and your address you can post them with your completed application or upload them online and your Affordable Warmth Dividend claim will be considered.


Is the claim limited to one person in a household?

 No.  Anyone who meets the criteria can apply, including those living in residential homes and hospitals.

Can someone apply on my behalf?

Yes, someone can apply on your behalf.

  • On the online form there is a section that can be completed by someone applying on your behalf.
  • On the paper from, if you write their details in the section at the bottom of the paper form or online. You can either complete the rest of the form or ask your nominated person to do it for you. However, you should still sign and date the application form.


Where can I find out more information?

 You can get more information from our website at or phone 0141 287 7961.