If you want to:
- alter, improve or enlarge the house, fittings or fixtures;
- add new fixtures or fittings (for example kitchen or bathroom installations, central heating or other fixed heaters, double glazing, or any kind of external aerial or satellite dish);
- put up a garage, shed or other structure;
- decorate the outside of the house;
- decorate with artex (If there is artex in your home at the commencement of your tenancy you should advise us of this)
- install laminate flooring
you must first get our written permission. We will not refuse permission unreasonably. We may grant permission with conditions including conditions regarding the standard of the work.
A form can be obtained from the Association office or download here.
If you have made alterations or improvements with our permission, you may be entitled to compensation at the end of your tenancy under regulations governing such arrangements. Such works will not be taken into account in determining rent levels. For further information, please download a copy of our Right to Compensation Policy here.
If you carry out any alterations or improvements without our permission we are entitled to restore the house to its previous condition during, or at the end of, your tenancy. If we do so, we are entitled to charge you for this work.