The Tenancy agreement signed by you and the Association at the start of your tenancy is a legal contract that sets out the terms and conditions of your tenancy and the rights and responsibilities of both parties.
Your rights and responsibilities are extremely important and you should make sure that you are aware of them.
The following summary should help you remember of your obligations that are detailed within your Tenancy Agreement.
- Pay your rent on or before the last day ofeach month
- Keep your home clean and tidy
- Do not overcrowd or misuse your home
- Use your home with reasonable care to prevent loss, breakage or damage to it
- Help keep it in a good state of repair by looking after the fixtures and fittings
- Do not carry out any alternations to your home, internally or externally, without prior permission from the Association
- Do not taken in lodgers or sublet your home without our written consent
- Maintain your garden and keep it free from rubbish
- Make proper use of rubbish disposal facilities
- Do not keep pets without prior written consent of the Association. Where consent has been given keep all pets, especially dogs under control. A form can be obtained from the office or you can download form here.
- Report repairs promptly
- Ensure access is provided for repairs to be carried out and for the inspection/service/ repair of gas and electrical installations.