(How we use your personal information)
This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who are we?
Cadder Housing Association a Scottish Charity (Scottish Charity Number SC036455) a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 with Registered Number MS2436RS and having their Registered Office at 20 Fara Street, Glasgow, G23 5AE (“we” or “us”) take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the Data Protection Act of 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are registered as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner (ICO) under registration number Z8361444 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent:
Finance & Corporate Services Manager, Cadder Housing Association, 20 Fara Street, Glasgow G23 5AE firstname.lastname@example.org .
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect information about you to enable us to perform our contractual obligations. You, in turn, are under a contractual obligation to provide the data requested from you to enable performance of the contract (i.e. the tenancy agreement you are party to):
- when you apply for housing with us, become a tenant, request services/ repairs, enter in to a factoring agreement with ourselves howsoever arising or otherwise provide us with your personal details
- when you apply to become a member;
- when you apply to become a volunteer;
- from your use of our online services, including social media;
- from your arrangements to make payment to us (such as bank details, payment card numbers, employment details, benefit entitlement and any other income and expenditure related information);
- from application and information provided to use the Community Centre and its services, including activities, events, gym membership and youth groups
- Any financial transactions, including benefits elements, and or any income and expenditure related information.
- Information provided to assist through the wider role activities and welfare services.
Under the terms of the tenancy agreement, you are required to provide us with the following information:
- telephone number;
- e-mail address;
- National Insurance Number;
- Next of Kin;
- Details of medical condition or disabilities
- Date of birth
- Emergency contact details , including guardian for youth activities
We receive the following information from third parties:
- Benefits information, including awards of Housing Benefit/ Universal Credit
- Payments made by you to us;
- Complaints or other communications regarding behaviour or other alleged breaches of the terms of your contract with us, including information obtained from Police Scotland;
- Reports as to the conduct or condition of your tenancy, including references from previous tenancies, and complaints of anti-social behaviour
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you. This includes:
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to enable us to respond to your repair request, housing application and complaints made;
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our or supplies which may affect you;
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business; and
- to contact you for your views on our products and services.
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by our employees within the UK/EEA . We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- If we enter into a joint venture with or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners;
- If we instruct repair or maintenance works, your information may be disclosed to any contractor;
- If we are investigating a complaint, information may be disclosed to Police Scotland, Local Authority departments, Scottish Fire & Rescue Service and others involved in any complaint, whether investigating the complaint or otherwise;
- If we are updating tenancy details, your information may be disclosed to third parties (such as utility companies and the Local Authority);
- If we are investigating payments made or otherwise, your information may be disclosed to payment processors, Local Authority and the Department for Work & Pensions;
- If we are conducting a survey of our products and/ or service, your information may be disclosed to third parties assisting in the compilation and analysis of the survey results
- As requested by local authorities with regards to the processing of council tax or electoral registrars;
- Social Work, Police or other relevant individuals under Child Protection legislation and our duty of care to children and young people;
Unless we have a lawful basis for disclosure, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
Your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe.
Our systems are password protected and all electronic data is stored securely. All paper files are kept in locked cabinets.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
Freedom of Information
As of 11 November 2019, Cadder Housing Association is deemed to be a Public Authority under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and is therefore required to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO). We have engaged RGDP LLP (www.rgdp.co.uk) to act as our Data Protection Officer.
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records;
- ask us to correct any inaccuracies of fact in your information;
- request that we restrict your data processing
- data portability
- rights related to automated decision making including profiling
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of your we hold; and
- object to receiving any marketing communications from us.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact us at: email@example.com. You should note that your rights under the GDPR and 2018 Act are not absolute and are subject to qualification.
If you have any complaints about the way your data is processed or handled by us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you remain unsatisfied after your complaint has been processed by us, you also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0131 123 1115
The accuracy of your information is important to us – please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.